rain and 5-gallon water bottles


So it rained pretty hard this weekend, and I decided, well, my car is filthy, might as well wash it while it's raining. So I backed my car straight out of the garage (which, btw, looks hilarious cause it's perpendicular to the actual driveway), grabbed a terry cloth, and started wiping it down in the rain.

It was great and all, the rain rinsed away the dirt and grime while I wiped it down... and people driving by had the most WTF expressions on their face; why did he back his car out of the garage like that, why is he washing his car in pouring rain, and woah that's one huge puddle I just went over without knowing.

Then it stopped raining for a bit, and my mom was like, well, since you're already outside, and your car's outside, go buy me water. So I went to Vons and filled up two 5-gallon bottles of water. Turns out I didn't tighten the cap tight enough on one of them.. guess what happened when I went downhill and it tipped over..

I ended up having half of one of the bottles pour into my car. Half of it ended up where the spare tire was.. the other half ended up on the rear seats and the rear foot space. So I had a wonderful little puddle in the backseat. Oh, and I have rear foot AC vents, and they got flooded with water.

So I spent the rest of the afternoon getting the water out of my car. It was easy enough getting it out of the trunk, just removed the spare and dumped out the water. Getting it out of the carpet and rear vents was another story..

I ended up geting rags and soaking them in the water, then wringing them dry. Repeat many times. After the rags stopped absorbing water, I used paper towels. Those commercials really are true, you can wring them dry and reuse them so many times. I also had tons of fun with the hairdryer... until it pooped out on me. Funny picture though, me, my laptop, and a hairdryer sitting in my car.

So now my car pretty much looks like this while it dries in the garage. I moved my mom's car into the hail to do this. haha. She's not too happy about it.

Oh, and the hood's popped open cause I disconnected my battery so the lights wouldn't stay on while I left everything open.